Graves County Resource Officer
(270)328-4995 or (270)674-4995
Graves County Resource Officer
(270)328-4911 or (270)674-4911
Director of Pupil Personnel School Safety Coordinator
(270)328-1566 or (270)674-1566
The Graves County School District has two School Resource Officers (SRO). The SRO is a sworn officer in the state of Kentucky who is assigned to all Graves County Schools campuses. This is a vital position for the Graves County School District and has been a great success. The goal of the program is to make the school campuses as safe as possible and a positive environment for learning for all students.
It is the job of the school resource officer to patrol all school campuses, investigate criminal activity, investigate traffic accidents, educate students and staff about crime prevention, and other various programs and activities. Other duties include:
Mentoring is the central focus of the program. SROs have the opportunity to form lasting impressions on young people. To help students succeed, the SRO provides guidance, tutoring and coaching to all students.
Law Enforcement Officer
Any law related issue that arises on campus is the SRO's responsibility. In many ways, his/her school is no different than any other patrol beat. Whether it is child abuse, disorderly conduct, theft or some type of assault, the SRO is there to handle it quickly and professionally. As a Community Police Officer, the SRO is charged with proactively addressing the crimes that occur on campus, both through enforcement and education. Every school is different, so each SRO must tailor his/her method of operation to both the specific problem and the school.
The SRO is available as a guest speaker or as a resource to nearly every classroom within the school.
The SRO is a resource for faculty, staff, parents and students while performing informal counseling and/or lending advice. These officers have received extensive training regarding programs and services available to handle problems and conflicts. Getting the right kind of help to those that need it is one of the SRO's highest priorities.
Department of Community Based Services:
- K-Tap, Food Stamps, Medical Card 247-2862
- Protection & Permanency 247-4711
- Division of Child Care 247-2638
- Child Support Enforcement 247-6323
- Senior Citizens 247-2566
- Social Security 247-8095
- Red Cross 247-3921
- Hope for life Pregnancy Center 247-3190
- Child Advocacy 251-2060 ext 10
- Crime Victims Assistance 251-2060 ext 11
- Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center 443-6001
- Rape Crisis Center 1-800 928-7273
- Purchase Area Child Care & Referral 247-7171
- Parent Help Line 1-800 432-9251 (24hr support line for information & support for parents & care givers)
- Graves County Health Department 247-3553
- Graves County Medical Clinic 251-9885
- Jackson Purchase 251-4100
- Four Rivers Behavioral Health 247-2588
- Fuller Substance Abuse Center 247-2588
- Kentucky Regional Poison Control 1-800-764-7661
Non Emergency Numbers:
- Graves County Sheriff 247-4501
- Kentucky State Police 856-3721 (Post 1 Mayfield)
- Mayfield Police Department 247-1621
- Mayfield Fire Department 247-1981
- Graves County Judge Executive 247-3626
- Graves County Attorney 247-6321
- Graves County Court Designated Worker (CDW) 247-2308
- Department of Juvenile Justice 251-9857
- If you live in the following situations... Link
- Drug Treatment Center
- Medication Safety
- Addiction Center
Addiction Center is your trusted guide to overcoming drug and alcohol addiction. This site will connect you with top rehab and detox treatment centers who can help.
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Resources
There are a lot of organizations dedicated to raising awareness about these two things, and you can learn all about the facts, figures, and realities of these two substances from them. Check out the links on this site for more information.
- Alcohol EDU for Parents
- The Last Text
Watch AT&T's new 10-minute documentary titled "The Last Text," featuring stories of real individuals whose lives have been adversely affected by texting behind the wheel.
The Partnership for a Drug-Free America is a nonprofit organization that unites parents, renowned scientists and communications professionals to help families raise healthy children. Drugfree.org provides answers, guidance, tips and stories.
SAMHSA's National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information (NCADI) is the Nation's one-stop resource for information about substance abuse prevention and addiction treatment
- Kentucky Center for School Safety
Kentucky has taken a major step to address the issue of school safety. With the passage of House Bill 330 in the 1998 General Assembly, an opportunity was established to create safe, secure learning environments where all children can successfully achieve
- Child Advocacy Inc.
In 1989, a task force was formed of community leaders concerned about the rising reports of child abuse and neglect Mayfield-Graves County. These individuals worked closely with the Cabinet for Families and Children, as well as local law enforcement perso
- The Graves County ASAP Board
The Graves County ASAP Board is comprised of local citizens who want to make a difference in their community. The abuse of drugs--both prescription and illegal; the abuse of alcohol; the use of tobacco and other substances are problems in all communities.
- Alcohol Screening
Free alcohol screening website
- Kentucky Department for Behavioral Health, Developmental and Intellectual Disabilities
- Kentucky Crime Prevention Coalition
To reduce and prevent crime and enhance the quality of life in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Kentucky Crime Prevention Coalition will build a membership organization that promotes crime prevention through innovative training and inclusive participation.